Sunday 22 January 2012

It's not funny (or easy) being a fashion victim!

What to wear and indeed, where to buy it, is a major problem for all women with breast cancer. Trying to find nice things to wear that also works with the restrictions of a post-surgery body has been something of a nightmare for me and thousands of women like me.

I have found the whole experience pretty horrible as it's been virtually impossible to find anything that works and is pretty. As a result I now live in t-shirts and jeans with all my pretty clothes either hidden in the back of the wardrobe or consigned to the charity shop. I can't tell you how many times I have walked around the high street desperate for something else to wear and then come home empty-handed and in tears.

Libby Page has made a very moving short film about this in the hopes of making the fashion industry more aware of this issue. In order to help make our voices heard please watch the video and share it. Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yruRgvNDqsk&context=C306e559ADOEgsToPDskIcpVicJ0nuJQiQvWipcRZ9

No comments:

Post a Comment